The next category of relaunches in the DCnU that I will post about are the “Yes, provisionally” titles. These are titles that will be on my pull list, and I plan to give them a good chance. These are books I expect to follow, unless they disappoint me after the first story arc or so.
- Batgirl (Simone; Syaf) – I will give anything Gail Simone writes a chance, and I’m actually looking forward to this title. That said, I’m from that camp that really prefers Barbara Gordon as Oracle. I always enjoyed Batgirl as an idea, but honestly, she was never a favorite. I’m very interested to see what Gail does with Barbara in the cowl, so I’m sure I’ll be in for the long haul.
- Birds of Prey (Swierczynski; Saiz) – I love Birds of Prey as a concept; and I will support almost any book focused on superheroines, but I can’t deny the fact that when Gail left the title to write Wonder Woman a few years ago, the quality suffered. Add to that the fact that I can’t really imagine the Birds with Barbara, and I’m not thrilled with the costume redesigns, so I’m slightly concerned. Still, I’ll give this title a fair chance, and I’m hoping for the best.
- Blue Beetle (Bedard; Guara) – Honestly, I’ve never followed Blue Beetle in his solo book. However, I quite liked his appearances in Justice League: Generation Lost, and I’d like to support books that feature diverse character, so I’m going to give this one a good college try.
- DC Universe Presents (Jenkins; Chang) – I’m generally a fan of Paul Jenkins work, and I do have a soft spot for anthology comics, so I will be giving DC Universe Presents a try. I’m hoping they use this title to spotlight some of the less than A-list characters in the DCU, and Deadman is a good start. I wonder if they will be following up on any of the Brightest Day storyline? I’d love to see a role for Dove in this story.
- Demon Knights (Cornell; Neves) – I’m not a huge fan of the Demon, but as I mentioned yesterday, Matt Wagner and Amy Reeder turned Madame Xanadu into a must read for me, so I’m intrigued by her role in this title. As long as she’s featured somewhat prominently, I’ll be following this title.
- The Fury of Firestorm (Simone; Van Sciver; Cinar) – As I mentioned above, I will give anything Gail writes a chance, however I’m even less of a fan of Firestorm that I am of Batgirl, so this will be a bit of a difficult sell for me. However, if anyone can make me a fan, it’s Gail Simone, so I’m committed to giving this title a try.
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Bedard; Kirkham) – Of all the Green Lanterns, Kyle Rayner is my favorite. Add to that a new rainbow of lanterns, some sure to be superheroines, and this one has me intrigued. I’ve never followed a Green Lantern title regularly, but I view this as an opportunity to give this one a try.
- Justice League (Johns; Lee) – I have followed all the versions of the Justice League except for Tony Robinson’s recent disappointing run, so I will definitely give this one a try. I’m not super hopeful though, as I’m fairly over Jim Lee as an artist. Still, Geoff Johns usually does some interesting things, and I want to see how he handles Wonder Woman, so I’ll give this a try.
- Resurrection Man (Abnett; Lanning; Dagnino) – I barely remember the last iteration of this title, but I am a fan of what Abnett and Lanning have been doing lately, so I’m looking forward to Resurrection Man. Not sure how long I’ll stick with it, but as long as it’s entertaining, I’ll keep buying it.
Come back tomorrow to see my list of “maybes.”